3 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Happy Christmas Mum, Love Holly
Yellow Door works across Southampton and Hampshire. We respond to and prevent domestic and sexual abuse.
Any abusive experience can have a significant impact on the individual both emotionally and physically. We believe that every individual has the right to live a life free of violence and abuse, and that each individual can enjoy a fulfilling life given the right support and environment.
Established in 1985, we offer a range of specialist services available to individuals, families and groups across the community who have been affected by, or at risk of, interpersonal abuse. We have specialist services that include:
- Therapeutic Services, including art therapy and specialist therapeutic groups.
- Family Therapy & Support
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA)
- Diversity and Inclusion Advocacy & Outreach
- The STAR Project: Our award-winning preventative education initiative
- Specialist Training & Consultancy
Yellow Door Christmas
Event dates: Friday 3rd December 2021 – Friday 31st December 2021
Are you struggling with Christmas gift inspiration? Want to buy local? Friends and family already have everything? Don't want to buy more 'stuff'? Well we can help!
When you donate to our Christmas appeal, we can send your loved one a card saying you have made a donation to Yellow Door in their name. You can tell us the message you want written inside, and we’ll do the rest! Just e-mail email@example.com and tell us their name, address and the message.
Every penny is spent on supporting people in Southampton and surrounding areas to recover from domestic and sexual abuse, and prevent abuse happening to other people.
Your gift could help us to:
• Provide materials for a child’s Art Therapy session
• Pay for a weekly group for teenagers who have experienced domestic violence
• Support a local client to receive specialist counselling
• Fund bus fares to appointments for a client who is struggling financially
• Support a client who has been sexually assaulted to go to court
• Provide support for women who have experienced female genital mutilation
• Help turn our garden into a positive space for clients to enjoy
• Provide advocacy for a young autistic person who has been assaulted
• Provide a fun ‘healthy relationships’ education session for Southampton school children
• Fund a Play Therapy session for a young child
• Pay for a family therapist to work with local families
• Provide a sign language interpreter for deaf clients
• Buy face masks and hand sanitiser
"The past is unchangeable but the future is ready and waiting for me" Service User Feedback
(Please note, donations will be used where needed, to support Yellow Door's work)