The Great Cornish Foodbank Challenge
Event date: Monday 22nd June 2020
In a normal year, hundreds of riders would be taking part in the annual Truro Cycling club randonee, which raises thousands of pounds for charity. This year we’re doing something a little different, to support the Cornish Food Banks who are providing such a vital service in the county and helping families through these tough times.
We want you to cycle to as many food banks as you can.
Here’s how it works:
1. CREATE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE – Create your own fundraising page linked to this one. Your fundraising will then get added to the TCC team total. When creating your page please make sure you select all five charities:
• Truro Foodbank
• St Austell Foodbank
• Wadebridge Foodbank
• Helston Foodbank
• Penryn Foodbank
2. CHOOSE YOUR ROUTE – The suggested routes are below, but feel free to make up your own! Visit as many of the Cornish food banks as you can (or want) by bike along a circular route before the end of July, while riding solo and observing social distancing rules.
3. OPTIONAL DROP OFF - Fill a pannier, backpack, or other cycling with items from the local food banks requests list, and deliver items to as many of the Cornish food banks as you can. *Please check opening times for deliveries*
4. SUBMIT YOUR ROUTE – Link to your route on your fundraising page.
5. SHARE YOUR PAGE – let all your friends and family know what you’re doing by sharing your page on Facebook.
6. GET SNAP HAPPY – take photos or videos on your ride and at each drop off point, and add them to your page. This will help us promote the event!
7. TEAM EFFORT – TCC will update the total miles covered by the riders, the total amount of food dropped off, and the total money raised for Cornish food banks.
The Suggested Routes:
The Mini - 10km, Truro food bank circular - https://www.strava.com/routes/27199387
The Small - 35km, Truro & Penryn - https://www.strava.com/routes/27198933
The Medium - 65km, Truro, Helston, & Penryn - https://www.strava.com/routes/27198218
The Large - 100km, Truro, St Austell, & Wadebridge - https://www.strava.com/routes/27198580
The Big One - 170km, Truro, St Austell, Wadbridge, Helston, & Penryn - https://www.strava.com/routes/27070499
The Really Really Big One (every food bank excluding Saltash) - 275km, Truro, St Austell, Liskeard, Callington, Launceston, Wadbridge, Helston, & Penryn - https://www.strava.com/routes/27200596
How you can make a difference
Give as you Live Donate is the easy way to raise funds for a charity close to your heart.
Create your free fundraising page for The Great Cornish Foodbank Challenge and start collecting sponsorship and donations from friends and family.
Create your page
Choose a charity to support and create your fundraising page.
Share across your social media channels to encourage donations.
Collect donations on your page including Gift Aid where eligible.
10 Things You Need to Know Before Your First Running Event
Don't panic! Your first big fundraising run might be just around the corner, but Give as you Live Donate have got you covered for everything you need to know.Read more
Ready to start fundraising?
Create your fundraising page today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be fundraising in minutes.