Create your page
It takes just a few steps to create your page supporting MOOR TREES.
MOOR TREES (est. 1999) is a woodland restoration and conservation volunteering charity.
For over 20 years MOOR TREES has helped to restore the balance between humankind and nature by planting new native woodland around Dartmoor and the South Devon enabling people to re-engage with trees and natural environments. We grow local provenance trees in our community tree nurseries from locally collected seed, and run research, education and training programmes with partner schools, colleges and universities. We build biodiversity by working with local people and run at least three volunteer days per week, having won various national volunteering awards.
Founded in 2000, our achievements include:
- Over 120,000 trees planted, across 100 ha of woodland
- Creation of 90+ woodlands and management of 2 tree nursery sites
- Over 150,000 acorns collected, plus 80,000 seeds of other species, including Hazel, Alder, Birch, Rowan, Hawthorn, Crab Apple, and Guelder Rose
- Over 2,000 tree dedications from individuals
- Over 150 volunteering days every year with an average 11 volunteers per day, including corporate organisations
Event dates: Sunday 1st May – Tuesday 31st May
We challenge you to walk 5k this National Walking Month! Make the most of the lighter mornings and evenings by walking 5k at any time of the day throughout May, all whilst raising vital funds for Moor Trees!
Ask your family and friends to sponsor you and raise money for our two community tree nurseries. Good for you, and good for the planet!