6 months ago
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
6 months ago
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
6 months ago
Good luck James!!!
Event dates: 11th September 2023 – 24th September 2023
James Byrne is raising money for Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital and Motor Neurone Disease Association
Great Ormond Street Hospital and The MND Association - A Cycle for Change
My name is James Byrne.
Great Ormond Street Hospital and The MND Association - A Cycle for Change - UK Challenge.
I am looking for Sponsorship Partners to join ourselves on this journey of discovery.
On Monday 11th September 2023, up in Elgin, Scotland I will be starting the following UK Challenge - Great Ormond Street Hospital & MND Association - A Cycle 🚲 for Change. A 1'001-mile bike ride, to St Austells, Cornwall. To raise at least £1 million for 2 noteworthy charities.
Great Ormond Street Hospital and MNDA - A Cycle for Change - UK Challenge
Here's the proposed route as follows:
- Start date: Monday 11th September 2023 - Elgin.
- Day 1 - Elgin to Dalwhinnie - (74 miles).
- Day 2 - Dalwhinnie to Edinburgh - (104 miles).
- Day 3 - Edinburgh to Alnwick (99 miles).
- Day 4 - Alnwick to Middlesbrough (80 miles).
- Day 5 - Middlesbrough to Leeds (73 miles).
- Day 6 - Rest Day - Leeds - Regional Events plus TV, Press and Social Media Engagement.
- Day 7 - Leeds to Stoke-on-Trent - 87 miles.
- Day 8 - Stoke on Trent to MND Association Headquarters, Northampton - Regional events, plus TV, Press and Social Media Engagement. - 99 miles.
- Day 9 - Northampton to Great Ormond Street Hospital, London - 78 miles.
- Day 10 - Rest Day - London - Regional events, plus TV, Press and Social Media Engagement.
- Day 11 - London to Donnington, Newbury - 66 miles.
- Day 12 - Donnington, Newbury to Bath - 61 miles.
- Day 13 - Bath to Exeter - 93 miles.
- Day 14 - Bath to St.Austells - 77 miles.
Finish Date: Sunday 24th September 2023 - St. Austells, Cornwall.
- Social media engagement via various platforms - Facebook, Instagram, tiktok and LinkedIn throughout the event.
- Halfords UK are my first sponsorship partner. #halfords
- Harratts Group (West Yorkshire) are my logistics sponsorship partner. They are providing 3 support vehicles and drivers for the whole event including a Renault Kadjar SUV, Renault Traffic MPV and 1 other vehicle. Charlie Harrott - Branch Manager of their Pontefract, West Yorkshire will be driving one of the vehicles. #harrattsgroup
- Your Space Gyms Group - They have 10 gyms and 2 golf courses covering West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. They are my official fitness sponsorship partner. #yourspace
To put in context, in my last training session at Yours Space Pontefract, I generated 710Nm torque, covered 17km in 45 minutes hitting a top speed of 94km/hr (60mph). According to Cameron, who is a Sports Science student who works for Halfords as a bike technician. That's better than the average Premier league footballer ⚽️ .
Social Media Engagement on these channels. For the latest news and updated information:
- Tiktok - #mrrobinhoodtax
- Instagram - #jamespatrickbyrne
- Facebook - #jamesbyrne
- LinkedIn - #jamesbyrne
I have lost 15kg in 6-8 weeks cycling to work - 30 miles per day. I can sometimes be carrying up to 50kg (8 Stone) in weight.
I save £3'000 a year in fuel. That's the equivalent of a 12.5% pay raise for the average taxpayer. So, get on your bike. Speak to your employer (Cycle to Ride Scheme), cycle to work. Get your 12.5% pay rise, plus you will be fitter, faster, and stronger. You will become more productive as a result.
Even if you just start with cycling to get a newspaper and some milk 🥛 from your local shop instead of using the car. Think small, act big. It's all accumulative. We all need to work together as part of a team, like a cycling Peloton. We are greater than the sum of our parts. Lets keep on working. Let's get the economy energised through this cost-of-living crisis. Just do it.
Carbon footprint 👣 reduction by 90%. So, I can cycle 🚲 for 2 weeks, is the equivalent of just 1 return trip to work covering 30 miles. That's the average commute for people in the UK today.
We will be announcing a list of celebrity riders who will be joining myself on this journey of discovery. It's not just about the destination, it's the journey along the way. The people you meet, the stories that are shared ad friendships that are made will stay with you for a lifetime.
Which celebrities would you like to join myself on this journey of discovery ?
Any suggestions would be taken into consideration.
Feel free to check out my TikTok page - Mrrobinhoodtax - Like Robin Hood. I give from the rich to the poor. I am Robin Hood 🙂 lol. I can do reverse somersaults off parallel bars and push 200kg down a 10-metre cross-fit track, do electric Go-karting at Gravity E-Racing and I even Snowboard at Sno-zone in the same location. Not bad for a 43-year-old. Age is just a number. It's how you feel inside that counts. Let's put it this way. I am as if not fitter now than when I was in my 20s.
What drives myself in the memory of my Grandfather, who was like a father to myself. My father worked for over 50 years in construction to provide for his family as I do now for mine. My grandad did Land's End to John's O'Groats 3 times in his 20s and 30s thats 1'198 miles - The Ultimate Tour of Britain. He never got the opportunity to do the Tour De France he never got the chance. Clearly, I have it in my genetics in my genes (jeans )👖 quite literally. I see his face every day because he looks just like me.
In life you must work for everything. It's not handed to you on a plate.
It has all the makings of a regular annual event.
My biggest challenge is having to consume 6'000-7'000 calories a day. 84'000 calories over 12 days. I already consume 4'000 calories a day. I burn 2'000 calories a day just going on a return trip to work.
If you aim high, you will never be disappointed. Aim low you will never get there. That has always been my philosophy. Possible is impossible (minus "im"). But that's just me.
Thank you for checking out my page. Making a donation is fast, easy and secure thanks to Give as you Live Donate. They'll take your donation and pass it onto Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital and Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Your donations will help the great work Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital and Motor Neurone Disease Association do.Donate now