We are Age Uk Merton and our goal is to enable people in the borough to love later life.
As we grow older we face new challenges and maybe even illness, loneliness or poverty. But that doesn?t stop us being ourselves. We still want to laugh, love and be needed. We want to stay independent and keep doing the things we love. We all want a fulfilling later life.
That's why Age Uk Merton is here. We want to see a world where everyone can love later life. We support and speak up for those that need us. We believe that living longer should be celebrated and everything we do is to maximise well-being in later life.
We deliver services, provide advice and influence our decision makers.
We want to be known for:
* Putting people in later life at the heart of everything we do
* Excellent services that help people in later life live independently and exercise choice
* Being a provider of services and products that support ageing better
* Our passion for what we do and that we care about each individual
* Being a dynamic, credible, trusted and sustainable organisation
* Our inspired and motivated team of staff and volunteers
* A strong value base that influences all our decisions
* Involving users in the design of our services
We are pleased to present our new Strategic Plan. Our main aim is to ensure that everyone in Merton has the opportunity to make the most of later life, whatever their circumstances, wants and needs. Our delivery of this aim will be guided by three key objectives:
1. To enable and support people in later life in Merton to love later life and change it for the better, to stay independent and keep doing the things that they enjoy
2. To be the voice of people in later life in Merton, influencing decision makers and raising awareness of the contribution that people in later life make to our community
3. To ensure that older people benefit from a well-run, sustainable organisation that involves them in the running and design of services.