Remember we promised that the next Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat calendar would be a little different?
Well, here’s the plan … instead of us taking our own photos for our 2022 fundraiser calendar, we’d love to invite our friends, supporters and everyone across our Sussex coastal and inland communities to submit their photos in our fabulous PLIRB Calendar 2022 photo competition!
Now, we know there are lots of beautiful local images out there because we see them on social media! Already in 2021 we’ve seen stunning snow, striking sunrises, scenic sunsets, beautiful beach shots, wonderful wildflowers - all taken around and about our lovely local area.
So, we're hoping you'll feel inspired to contribute your images to our competition as the 12 months of the year make it easy to find a seasonal category to suit your shot.
The competition runs from March 1st to September 30th, but the month / category you choose doesn’t have to be the month your photo was taken - it just has to suit the season. So, if you feel your snowy shingle and sand shot taken this February is rather Christmassy, you could enter it in the December category - it’s up to you!
We’ll put updates on our Fundraising events page on Facebook so everyone knows how many entries have been received for each category.
IN IT TO WIN IT ...
12 winning photos will be chosen, with each winner's photo featuring as the month's image in our 2022 calendar - one chosen from each category.
Each winner will also receive two free copies of the calendar as their prize.
One overall competition winner will be chosen and will receive a canvas print of their winning shot.
Information about the judges and canvas prize to be added soon!
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
* You can enter up to 3 images.
* Images should be in landscape format and a minimum size / quality of 4MB please.
* The file name of the photo should include: the location of the shot, the photographer’s name; the month of the category you’re entering, eg: PettLevel_ASmith_Dec.
* Each entry should be accompanied by a donation to PLIRB, please. A minimum donation of £5 would be most welcome.
* Photos of Pett Level will of course be a real focus (see what we did there?) but photos from all around our local coastal and inland rescue service vicinity are invited. For example, views from across the Rye Harbour Nature Reserve, Ecclesbourne Glen, Fairlight, and Winchelsea Beach areas, plus there are stunning shots to be taken of the coastal views as seen from Icklesham, Udimore and Winchelsea.
* By entering our photo competition you are giving us permission to (a) share your entry on our website and social media (b) print your photograph in our calendar, if you are chosen as a winner.
Full terms and conditions for entering this competition are on our website - please see our BLOG page at https://plirb.com for more details.
All you have to do is take a photo, pick a month to enter your photo for and send it in to us as follows:
1) Make your donation via this giving page (minimum £5 per entry) using the donation button. Add your name and the category (month) you’d like your photo to be considered for in the message part of the donation. You could also add your own message if you'd like to - we love to hear from our supporters!
2) Please send an email with your photo attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within the email please include:
* The category (month) you’re entering (just in case it’s missing off the file name).
* Name and contact details (including telephone number).
* The competition closes at 5 pm on Thursday 30th September 2021. After this, no more entries will be accepted and our judges will have the difficult task of choosing the winning photos.
* The winners will be announced in October 2021 (date to be confirmed once judges have been confirmed).
* Calendars will be printed and available from November 2021.
Please remember that by entering this competition you’re giving us permission to share your photo online. Full credit will be given and the copyright remains with you.
Our charity is all about saving lives and keeping our beaches and coastal areas safe from hazards and danger. It’s fair to say that once the third lockdown hit, meeting our £10,000 a year running costs has become a significant challenge - with our income from fundraising down 95% compared to 2019.
By submitting your photos and supporting our competition, you will literally be helping our charity to stay afloat and #rescueready so that we can continue saving lives at sea.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Thank you for checking out my page. Making a donation is fast, easy and secure thanks to Give as you Live Donate. They'll take your donation and pass it onto Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat.