1 week ago
Red Hut Trading
Red Hut Trading TN36 4JZ x 10
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to hit UK charities hard and has had a major impact. With fundraising closed down, the volunteers at Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat continue working hard to not only save and protect lives at sea, but also to keep our self-funded charity afloat.
And it’s fair to say that at times like this, help from the community and local businesses is one of the few ways left to us to keep fundraising - and to keep our charity's services - afloat! Which is exactly why local company, Homewood Leisure, decided to make a very generous prize donation to help us meet our significant rescue-ready running costs.
HELP FROM HOMEWOOD
Homewood Leisure is a Rye-based company, specialising in hot tubs, swimming pools and spas. After reading about our fundraising problems, owner Stuart Homewood decided to help with the launch of a special single-prize charity raffle fundraiser by donating a family-sized hot tub to be used in a single-prize charity raffle fundraiser.
“I was reading that it costs around £10,000 a year to fund the rescue boat," Stuart shared. "So I thought, why not pop one of these out there? It’s a £5,000 model so if we can sell enough tickets we could raise £10k, keep the boat funded for a year and give our support locally.”
SUPER SPA PRIZE
* PRIZE HOT TUB * This amazing prize is a family-sized Tonga, 200cm x 200cm x 89cm, with electronics, cover, cover lifter, steps and chemical starter kit. This popular model usually retails at £4,999.00.
* PRIZE EXTRAS * Delivery and installation usually cost £250 each. However, if the prize winner lives within 20 miles of the Homewood Leisure retail space just outside Rye, delivery and installation can be included in the prize. Please be aware though that this offer is subject to a site survey which would need to confirm a straightforward delivery and installation process. More complex deliveries, involving a hiab or other crane unit, would be subject to additional costs.
* GREAT PRIZE, GRAND DRAW *
We really hope to be able to hold the draw as part of our Open Day on Sunday 23rd May 2021. But we all know that, due to the pandemic, all planning has become provisional! However, for reasons of compliance with our licence for running raffles, even if the Open Day can’t go ahead due to restrictions, the draw still needs to take place on that date.
So, even if Open Day doesn't happen, Stuart will visit our boathouse on Sunday 23rd May 2021 to make a socially distanced draw to find the lucky winner of this amazing prize, which we will Live Stream direct on social media.
But as they say, you've got to be in it to win it ...
BUYING YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS ONLINE USING THIS GIVING PAGE
* TICKETS * Tickets cost just £2.50 each. They have been printed in books of 4 and can be sold in any combination. 1000 books have been printed, with the overall goal in mind of selling 4,000 tickets to help Stuart meet his aim of keeping our rescue boat afloat with a whole year of costs covered!
* BUYING YOUR TICKETS *
1) Please make a donation to the amount of the number of tickets you'd like to buy.
e.g = one ticket = £2.50; 2 tickets = £5; 3 tickets = £7.50; a book of 4 tickets = £10. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual can buy!
When making the donation, please add a note which includes:
* Your name
* Your postcode
* The number of tickets purchased
2) THEN: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and within the email please include:
* Your name, postcode and number of tickets (the same as the note you added when making the donation). This is so we can match your donation and allocate your raffle tickets.
* Remember to also give us the main details of your full name and contact details: address, phone number, email address. This is the information we need to add to your raffle ticket stubs. We can then send you a text or email photo showing that this has been done, to confirm your raffle ticket numbers and your place in the draw.
* In your email, please also include how you'd like to receive your tickets. If you'd like us to post them, please let us know but bear in mind that postage is an extra cost we can't really afford at the moment. Ideally, for local players and friends of friends, we'll retain the tickets to be picked up from our boathouse or, once lockdown is over, we can task our volunteers with delivering tickets, so please let us know what you'd like.
If you know you'll want postage, perhaps you could consider an extra donation to help us cover the costs of postage? Raffle ticket fundraisers are not eligible for Gift Aid, so additional donations are very welcome if you require postage and they will also help towards the admin fee for this Giving Page.
So there we are ... a hugely exciting fundraising opportunity for us and an amazing prize opportunity for a lucky winner! Everyone involved with our charity is completely bowled over by Stuart’s generosity and would like to say a very big thank you to Stuart, as our charity’s Chair, Kev, explains:
“Along with lots of other charities this year, we’re struggling to raise funds to cover our operational costs. This amazing prize donation has potential not only to raise the money we desperately need, but also to raise awareness of our charity’s work and of the costs involved in providing these life saving services.”
Thank you so much to Stuart Homewood of Homewood Leisure, Rye, for making this raffle possible and for setting such an amazing £10,000 goal. If you'd like to help Stuart to keep our charity afloat despite the pandemic, please buy your tickets today and share this page!
Your support is appreciated by all of our charity volunteers, thank you.
Thank you for checking out my page. Making a donation is fast, easy and secure thanks to Give as you Live Donate. They'll take your donation and pass it onto Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat.