4 days ago
We are the Young Ambassadors. We are a group of 6 young people that are committed to creating change in other people’s lives and giving back to our communities during COVID-19. We want to create and distribute care packages that promote physical and mental wellbeing for people living in hostels.
As a group we want to make a difference during this global health crisis and offer aid to people who are facing extreme isolation. Our group have collectively drawn from our own personal experiences such as living in hostels, accessing mental health support services and the benefit that physical activity has had on our own wellbeing, to design these care packages.
Quote from one of the Young Ambassadors team:
'As a young person myself who has been placed in 3 different hostels around London with my daughter. I can speak from experience the isolation that people feel whilst being in hostels and the lack of space if you are placed in shared accommodation, sharing bathroom and kitchen facilities with a wide range of people. The practicalities of these places can impact peoples mental and physical health such as lack of space in rooms, no internet access, no information provided for people who may want to seek help, the unknown of how long they may stay there for. These are just a few highlighted areas of which we would like to help address with our project.'
We are aiming to raise £200 to create 30 care packages for families and individuals currently living in hostels, these include:
• Positive affirmation cards – Motivational quotes and messages written on cards to help people lift their mood and try to adopt a growth mindset during times of adversity.
• Mental health support information – Leaflets of how to get mental health support during/after their stay in hostel and COVID-19 restrictions. Information will include: names of organisations, what they do and how they can help; free helpline contact numbers, text services and websites. Organisations included specialise in family support, young people and crisis services.
• Recipe kit and ingredients - The kits will include instructions as well as the ingredients needed to make the recipes meaning people would not need to leave the home to purchase ingredients. themselves. The kits will be given to individuals and families to give them the knowledge to cook nutritious and cost-effective meals.
• Fitness guidebook – A guidebook containing body weight exercises that can be performed anywhere and adaptations to both simplify or challenge the individual further. The guidebook will allow individuals to create their own work out plan and contain notes pages for reflection.
• Bracelet making activity pack – an activity pack that encourages creative expression and the development of new skills through bracelet making. The pack will include materials and instructions to create a multi-coloured friendship bracelet with each strand representing someone important in their life.
Each item in the care package aims to promote self believe, belonging, skills development and improving health and well-being.
We are calling upon community, friends, family and allies to help us fundraise £200 that we can use to bring this project to life and create a positive change in our community.
Please donate whatever you can and please share our fundraiser.
Thank you so much for your generosity.
-The Change Foundation Young Ambassadors
If you would like more information or would like to contribute to this project in another way, please contact Maddy Ford
Mobile: 07824 589 443.
Thank you for checking out our page. Making a donation is fast, easy and secure thanks to Give as you Live Donate. They'll take your donation and pass it onto The Change Foundation.