3 days ago
The Lord’s Taverners exists to positively impact the lives of young people facing the challenges of inequality.
We work across the UK and beyond to provide inclusive and impactful cricket programmes (Wicketz, Super 1s and Table Cricket), empowering young people with disabilities and from disadvantaged communities to develop the knowledge, skills, capabilities and confidence required to overcome the challenges of inequality, raise their aspirations and reach their potential.
What We Do
We are a community of people and organisations that collaborate to provide innovative, inclusive, and impactful cricket programmes, empowering young people with disabilities and from disadvantaged communities to develop the knowledge, skills, capabilities, and confidence required to overcome the challenges of inequality, raise their aspirations and reach their potential.
Driven by a passion for equality, we strive to be a lead organisation at the heart of social change, maximising our knowledge, experience and insight gained through our work with young people and their communities experiencing inequality. We will collaborate and become a credible, expert voice and influencer, shaping attitudes and approaches to unite communities in the drive to overcome inequalities.
Why We Do It
Over 1 million young people with disabilities in the UK are currently not accessing sport and all the benefits it brings. We want to reach every single one of them.
We need to do this because:
- In 2021, 5% of 11-16 year olds and 13% of 17-22 year olds reported feeling lonely often or always.
- Only 4 in 10 disabled people (42%) agree that sport and physical activity is fair for disabled people.
- Girls aged 11-16 are more likely to have experienced a decline in mental health (43%) than boys the same age (34%).
- Disabled young people aged 16-18 are at least twice as likely as their non-disabled peers to not be in education, employment or training.
- Children and young people from the least affluent families remain the least active.
The Lord's Taverners TCS London Marathon 2024
Event date: Sunday 21st April 2024
Set up your 2024 London Marathon fundraising page through this link. All donations will go directly to The Lord's Taverners. See the video below to learn more about our work.
Share this campaign with your friends:
How it works
Create your page
It takes just a few steps to create your page supporting The Lord's Taverners.
Share across your social media channels to encourage donations.
Collect donations on your page including Gift Aid where eligible.
Our Strava activity
Let's get started
Start raising donations for The Lord's Taverners!