I am helping with the development of Kam's Corner a youth cafe for young people 11-25
Kam’s Corner Youth Café pilot will offer a safe place for young people within a Youth Café area.
Kam’s Corner will be supported by paid staff and volunteers. Activities include
• Arts & Crafts,
• Music Workshops,
• Hair & Beauty,
• PC Building,
• IT & Digital
Kam's Corner will offer a range of supportive activities via with staff, volunteers and young people. Our proposed activities will enable Young People to support each another and complete non-accredited training and engage in local volunteering opportunities.
kam;s Corner will help Young People to make a positive contribution to their lives and communities. By engaging in Changing Perceptions, Changing Attitudes and therefore Changing Lives.
Kam’s Corner will use everyday activities to enable self-reflect, positive identify, self and peer reflection.
Kam's Corner will support young person and their personal journey through each stage, from participation to supporting, to eventually designing and delivering their own projects/opportunities. Examples include:
• Healthy eating and nutrition-cooking,
• Bee Active: my health and fitness,
• Taking care of my mental health,
• Learning by being creative,
Kam's Corner will offer support and develop young people via formal and in formal learning opportunities. These will include
• Homework support space.
• Evening sessions for young people aged 11-18 are offered, Monday-Saturday, for three hours.
• Addition, support will be offered to young people aged 16-25 seeking support in further education, training, employability skills, and job seeking
Thank you for checking out my page. Making a donation is fast, easy and secure thanks to Give as you Live Donate. They'll take your donation and pass it onto KMJ Foundation.